Nvidia is launching its RTX 4090 graphics card today, and its latest graphics driver is bringing support for the new hardware. The 516.94 WHQL Game Ready driver also supports several soon-releasing games, including DLSS 3 support, as well as other optimizations and bug fixes.
People who pick up Nvidia''s latest, top-end graphics card, which starts at $1,599, will want to download this driver to gain official support and ensure the third-generation RTX hardware is running smoothly.
This driver, which is equipped with AI-powered DLSS 3 exclusively for the RTX 4000 series, is also important for playing games that support it. A Plague Tale: Requiem, Justice, Loopmancer, F1 22, Bright Memory: Infinite, SUPER PEOPLE, and Marvel''s Spider-Man Remastered will all be upgraded so that DLSS 3 will be included as an option.
The 522.25 driver, based in the previous generation, has extensive DirectX 12 enhancements, "quick to dramatically improve performance." Nvidia claims the improvements can range from 5% (Far Cry 6) to 24% (Assassins Creed Valhalla) across a wide variety of games supporting DirectX 12.
Despite the addition of Gotham Knights, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, and Dakar Desert Rally, the upcoming games have all been received day-on support.
This version of this website has only three fixed issues:
These are some of the most common issues to the public:
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. 
- Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot. 
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. 
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. 
- [RTX 30 series] Lower performance in Minecraft Java Edition. 
- [Forza Horizon 5] Rainbow like artifacts in game after driver update. 
- Dell XPS 9560 may crash and reboot when using desktop applications 
- Maxon - Cinema4D + Redshift3D vidmemory allocations cause TDR or Driver Crash  RedCine-X Pro potential crash while working with effects during video playback 
The Nvidia 522.25 WHQL Game Ready driver is now available for download through the GeForce Experience app, while standalone links can be found below.Desktop GPUs:
Windows 11, 10 DCH Download: GeForce Game Ready Driver
Windows 11, 10 DCH: GeForce Game Ready Driver Download
Don''t forget to check out our comparison between the RTX 4000, 3000, and 2000 series!