I have just unboxed mine. Follow along for my first impressions of the 49mm titanium boot from Apple that has an all-new design, a larger screen, and much more. Ill look into what it feels like size-wise compared to the 45mm Apple Watch, weight, buttons, the Alpine Loop, and more.
For reference, I have a smaller wrist that measures about 6.5 inches around, and I am coming from the 45mm Apple Watch Series 7 here.
Apple Watch Ultra first impressions:
- Softer on the inside than I expected
- Titanium hardware is super light and naturally matches the Ultra perfectly
- Lots of loops make sure you get a precise fit
- Love the bright orange color
- Exterior lugs make it a bulkier fit especially for those with smaller wrists
- Braided watch charging cable is very nice with a metal accent on the puck itself
- Box and Ultra booklet is beautiful
- Watch faces really pop on the huge display
- New Wayfinder watch face has neat animation when you raise your wrist to look
- Digital Crown spin to quickly access the red dark mode is really handy
- I also really like the clean fit with Apples Solo Loop sport band
What are you interested in doing with Apple Watch Ultra? Did you get one? Or are you considering picking one up, or are you completely skipping? Share your thoughts in the comments!
For a more detailed breakdown of the new Apple Watch lineup, check out our comprehensive guide and more coverage:
- Apple Watch Ultra vs Series 8, SE: In-depth comparison of the new lineup
- PSA: Apple Watch Ultra dive computer functionality not yet available
- Heres a look at the Apple Watch Ultra with some of the most popular bands [Video]
David Smith, our friend and developer of Widgetsmith, gives us a good unboxing: