With a complete overhaul of its popular Osmo smartphone gimbals, DJI plans to take your iPhone camera to the next level with advanced stabilization, a fresh Quick Launch feature, and much more. It is now available for order, with pricing starting at $159.
DJI Osmo Mobile 6 for iPhone
The new Osmo Mobile 6 is enhanced by a new Quick Launch feature. This feature is exclusive to iPhone users and automatically triggers a push notification when you attach your iPhone to the stabilizer. From this push notification, you may instantly jump into the companion DJI Mimo app with a single tap.
Outside of this new Quick Launch feature, the DJI Osmo Mobile 6 also includes a new built-in status panel as well as a dedicated Mode button. These allow you to check battery level and quickly switch between the four shooting modes in the Mimo app:
A new Slide Wheel, DJI claims, allows you to adjust the focal length for a smooth composition and zoom in and out. You can also create a cinematic look with a push of the slideside wheel to switch to manual focus control.
There are several features like the Osmo Mobile gimbal that have previously existed:
- Timelapse:Warp time and space with Timelapse, Motionlapse and Hyperlapse. With these three simple templates, beautiful moments can be blended into impressive clips.
- DynamicZoom:Use Move In and Move Out modes to get stretching and compressing visual effects, creating blockbuster footage with just your phone.
- Gesture Control:Snapping a pic or starting a video has never been this convenient. Simple gestures make taking a selfie or a group photo easy.
- Panorama:Three different panorama modes 33, 240, and CloneMe are available to help capture those stunning landscapes or unique compositions.
- Story Mode:Various templates help to combine camera movements, transitions, soundtracks and more for users to share eye-catching videos with one effortless tap, or a custom template can be created.
Finally, DJI is considering a new version of its ActiveTrack feature, dubbed ActiveTrack 5.0. This allows the front camera to track the subjects at large distances.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 6 is available for $159. The package includes a magnetic clamp, a tripod, a power cable, and a storage pouch.
This year''s iPhone 14 is a feature that is enhanced with an Action Mode feature for the first time. This feature, according to Apple, is meant to correct significant shakes, vibrations, and unintended motion when capturing video.
Based on previous generations of the Osmo Mobile gimble, it will likely provide better stabilization than Action Mode. One thing Im interested to see, however, is how Action Mode and the Osmo Mobile 6 could work together.
Id wager that the addition of Action Mode, which was included in the iPhone 14, might be beneficial to many individuals who otherwise preferred a specific piece of hardware such as the DJI Osmo Mobile 6.
The DJI Osmo Mobile 6 will be available in the coming weeks, and you should be sure to use it directly with the iPhone 14s Action Mode.