The September event is already far out of sight, but reports suggest that Apple is planning a Halloween event. This time, the company will focus on the new iPads, Macs, and their upcoming operating systems, the iPadOS 16 and MacOS Ventura. Here''s what we''ve learned so far.
At its October event, Apple will introduce the new iPad Pro.
A better battery life with new accessories may be on the way with this product. At this likely October event, every eye is directed to the new iPad Pro.
Read more about this post:
iPad for the 10th generation will have its most comprehensive update in a decade.
With USB-C, beginner iPad users will also be able to easily connect it to more modern external displays such as Apples Studio Display. We have also heard from our sources that the new entry-level iPad will feature a Retina display with the same resolution as the iPad Airs display. However, more modern display features such as a wide color gamut with DCI-P3 and higher brightness will remain available for the most expensive iPads.
Read more about this article.
- 10th generation iPad: Heres everything we know so far
At the Apple October Event, new M2 Macs will be released.
Gurman writes in his newsletter: "In his letter, he writes:
Apple has been working on Mac mini, Mac Pro, and MacBook Pro M2-based versions, so I think most people would expect to see at least a pair of these machines in the coming months.
These computers aren''t new. Apple has already announced that its developing a new Mac Pro. According to Bloomberg, the next-gen 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros may be announced during the fall and spring 2023 with the M2 Pro and M2 Max processors.
Last but not least, a second-generation Apple silicon Mac mini is expected to last for at least a year now. It''s unclear what processor a new Mac mini would have only the M2 or a more powerful variant.
Read more about this website.
- Gurman: M2 Pro and M2 Max MacBook Pro expected between fall 2022 and spring 2023
- Heres what we know about Apples plans for the Mac Pro and Pro Display XDR
- Gurman: Mac mini with M2 and M2 Pro chips still in the works, expect no redesign
Apple Mixed Reality Headset
The Apple Mixed Reality Headset has been ramping up this year. During an Apple Christmas event, the company might revive Steve Jobs'' one more annoying phrase to tease the company''s next Mixed Reality headset.
Rumors suggest that the product will be unveiled as soon as late this year and will begin selling in 2023. It''s possible that the Apple October event will be the perfect time for the company to disclose to the public that it is entering a new market.
- Apple AR and Mixed Reality headsets: making sense of the latest rumors
- Gurman: Apple developing three headsets, Reality Pro to be unveiled in 2023
iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura release date
Despite the fact that iOS 16, watchOS 9, and tvOS 16 will be released on September 12, the company has scheduled the availability of iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura to all users in October, most likely following this rumored event.
iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura have a ton of features in common, bringing the stage manager to the game.
- Resizable windows:Resize your windows to make them the perfect size for your task;
- Center app:Focus on the app youre working with without going full screen;
- Fast access to windows and apps:The windows of the apps youre working in are displayed prominently in the center, and other apps are arranged on the left side in order of recent use;
- Overlapping windows:Create overlapping windows of different sizes in a single view, giving you the control to arrange your ideal workspace;
- Group apps together:Drag and drop windows from the side or open apps from the Dock to create app sets that you can always get back to.